Factors that Impact the Speed & Completion of Crypto Orders
A variety of factors influence the speed of order processing and completion:
- We require 6 confirmations
- Larger bitcoin amounts may take longer to get processed for security reasons
- High volume of traffic on the Blockchain can delay order processing
- When delays occur like the ones above, orders can time-out or expire
- Incorrect transaction data entry can lead to an Invalid Payment
- More insight into transaction fees: Transaction Fees Explained
TIP: To expedite processing time, we recommend setting your miner's fees to a minimum level of normal.
Handling Underpayments and Overpayments
Because the conversion of Bitcoin currency to U.S. Dollar currency is sometimes imprecise, we employ workarounds to enable speedy delivery, as best as possible:
Underpayments are processed successfully, in this way:
- Your original order is cancelled
- A new order is created and the amount paid is applied toward an eGifter Choice Card
- If you purchased a gift card for yourself, you can immediately use your eGifter Choice Card (Balance) toward the purchase of any gift card in the eGifter Marketplace
- If you purchased a gift card for a friend, we will send an email notification containing the claim link to *you* -- and ask that you forward it to your friend accordingly
- You will receive an email that confirms your purchase and provides order details
- Please contact us
Monitor the blockchain where you can see statuses in real time. The key driver of processing speed depends on you -- and the fees you establish. For any order inquiry you submit, here is the information we'll need:
- eGifter Order Number (if you have it)
Bitcoin Transaction ID, located in your bitcoin wallet transaction history. It is a set of 64 hexadecimal characters (0-9 & a-f).
Receiving Bitcoin Address:
- Sending Bitcoin Address
Servicing an Expired Invoice in Bitpay
- What if I sent a payment to an expired BitPay invoice
- What do I do when an invoice expires but I have not yet paid it?
For the fastest resolution, contact Bitpay directly.