Factors that Impact the Speed & Completion of Crypto Orders
A variety of factors influence the speed of order processing and completion:
- We require 6 confirmations
- Larger bitcoin amounts may take longer to get processed for security reasons
- High volume of traffic on the Blockchain can delay order processing
- When delays occur like the ones above, orders can time-out or expire
- Incorrect transaction data entry can lead to an Invalid Payment
- More insight into transaction fees: Transaction Fees Explained
TIP: To expedite processing time, we recommend setting your miner's fees to a minimum level of normal.
Because the conversion of Bitcoin currency to U.S. Dollar currency is sometimes imprecise, we employ workarounds to enable speedy delivery, as best as possible:
If Bitpay processed the order:
- You'll receive a notification from Bitpay directly with instructions regarding a refund
All other crypto orders:
- Your original order will cancelled and a NEW order created
- The settled amount is applied toward an eGifter Choice Card
- If you purchased a gift card for yourself: We'll send you a notification containing a Claim Link to an eGifter Choice Card (Balance) that can be applied to an eligible purchase at eGifter.com
- If you purchased a gift card for a friend: We'll send an email notification containing the claim link to *you* -- and ask that you forward it to your friend accordingly
- Please contact us
Monitor the blockchain where you can see statuses in real time. The key driver of processing speed depends on you -- and the fees you establish. For any order inquiry you submit, here is the information we'll need:
- eGifter Order Number (if you have it)
Bitcoin Transaction ID, located in your bitcoin wallet transaction history. It is a set of 64 hexadecimal characters (0-9 & a-f).
Receiving Bitcoin Address:
- Sending Bitcoin Address
Servicing an Expired Invoice in Bitpay
- What if I sent a payment to an expired BitPay invoice
- What do I do when an invoice expires but I have not yet paid it?
For the fastest resolution, contact Bitpay directly.