Swaps Feature: Designed for Gifting Courtesy
Ever received a gift card for a brand that you don't use? You can now easily swap to a different gift card of equal value among hundreds of qualifying brands in our marketplace.
ONLY AVAILABLE FOR "SEND TO A FRIEND" PURCHASES
The Swap feature is exclusively enabled in the "Send to a Friend" purchase path. The gift recipient will receive an email containing a link to their gift card. During this claim flow, there will be an opportunity to swap. HOWEVER, if the recipient decides to bypass the "swap" opportunity and claim the originally gifted card, it is not possible to reverse that decision. Once a gift card code has been exposed, it is no longer secure/protected and cannot be returned or exchanged.
***Once a gift card has been claimed, the Swap feature is no longer available***
HOW THE SWAPS FEATURE BENEFITS GIFT RECIPIENTS!
The Swap feature is a courtesy for gift recipients who receive a gift from someone else. Sometimes, recipients prefer a DIFFERENT gift card other than the one they received.
HOW THE SWAPS FEATURE BENEFITS GIFT-GIVERS!
The Swaps feature ensures that gift-givers need never be concerned about making the wrong gift selection for their recipient. That's because their recipient is given an opportunity along the claim path to exchange for a DIFFERENT retail brand. There are hundreds of gift card brands available to recipients in this manner (with few exceptions, such as Walmart, Vanilla eGift Visa and Amazon.com.)
How it Works
Q: How can I swap the gift card I received for a different brand?
1. From the email notification you receive, click "Claim Your Gift".
2. Enter the email address at which you received the notice. Then, click "View Gift".
3. Here's where you can elect to Swap!
4. You'll land on the Featured Cards page. Select the gift card brand you prefer.
5. Click "Confirm and Swap"
6. Congratulations, your Swap is complete and you'll be directed to your new gift card. From here, your best bet is to add it to your Wallet (while logged into eGifter.com).
7. View the gift card in your Wallet -- and apply it to purchases from here. You're set!