At the moment, there is a known issue, such that the Cabela's website may display an error message when you enter the gift card number.
This issue is currently being addressed by our partners at Cabela's. In the meantime, please use the workaround below when entering codes, whether you're performing a balance check and/or redeeming.
Notice the fields on Cabela's 'Balance Check' page...
The starting point for understanding the issue -- and workaround -- is to notice the Cabela's Balance Check fields (live view is here.)
You'll see that there are two fields -- one for Gift Card Number and one for Gift Card Code.
In the workaround below, we explain that the PIN number you purchased needs to be separated into two distinct components.
- The numerical section of the eGifter PIN should be entered into the "Gift Card Number" field
- The alphabetical section of the eGifter PIN should be entered into the "Gift Card Code" field
...and follow this workaround for entering the data
The image below is a sample of the gift card you received from eGifter:
- A CODE with 16 digits
- A PIN with 15 characters -- a mix of digits and letters
Thing is, you need to FULLY IGNORE the "Code"
- The "Code" contains 16 digits
- None of these are relevant -- you should safely ignore them
The ONLY characters you need are to the right of the PIN:
- Use the first 9 numbers as the GIFT CARD NUMBER
- Use the last 6 letters as the GIFT CARD CODE